Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Exercise MUST

Exercise has become the key to my health. I have been exercising regularly since 2000. I've always had a gym membership. For a long time I thought I was exercising to "stay skinny" but I have learned over the years that it is really about my health and keeping these lungs clear. It is my main form of mucus clearance. I keep a goal of trying to get to the gym four times a week. Additionally, I use the Acapella for mucus clearance. I try to use it every night. Some times I forget. Yeah, I'll admit it.

I keep things changing at the gym or I will get bored and not go. I do something different each time I am there: elliptical, weights, bike, walking, swimming, water aerobics, yoga. I try and rotate between these options. Some times I'll stay home and do an aerobics video. I just have to keep things changing.

Actually, I have to admit, I am proud of myself for keeping with a regular exercise routine. I hear the excuses people make to get out of exercising. Its weak. I don't want to be that person. (And by this I just mean the general population...not excuses CFer make).

I have some experience with Yoga and I love it. Believe it or not, it is the ultimate form of mucus clearance. Yoga involves deep breathing, which really gives the lungs a super workout. It may not get your heart rate up or you may not break a sweat, but it does lead to that productive cough!

I completely agree about keeping up with exercise while we are healthy enough to do so. I have learned that I am so lucky to have my health. I'm not going to take it for granted. Some days its not easy. My head hurts, I'm tired, I just want to be lazy. But in the end there is noting more satisfying that a good workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment