Monday, September 6, 2010

Your Next Adventure

Stacey,

Been thinking about you with your upcoming treatments and hospitalization. Unlike your first IV treatment, I will not be experiencing this one with you. But be assured, I'll be here with you every step of the way; good and bad. I'm hoping it is smooth sailing and this talk of constant vomiting will not be your reality. But if it is, call me, write me, skype me. I want you to know I am going to be your breath team leader!

I am glad you are going to be on disability during this treatment. It is a lot to take on and you need this time to heal, so this treatment can run its course and then you can move on with life. Feeling better and getting back to work.

I am so thankful for my disability benefits. Two years ago when my sinus infection got so bad, I went on disability for several months (on and off, including post-surgery). For short term disability, I received half of my paycheck. I could supplement my vacation/sick leave to receive a full paycheck. Additionally, the benefit also allowed me to work part time. So, when I was feeling up to it, half of my paycheck was covered by disability and the other half by working. It was the best of both worlds. I got to keep working, keep my projects going, yet still have most of the day to rest. I have no idea what long term disability would be...it is scary to think that one day I might find out. Aside from getting sick and not being able to recover, one of my fears is not being able to work full time anymore. Or worst yet, to not be able to work at all. I know it is reality for so many CFers. But here is me, planning for retirement. I have no idea what the future holds. Nobody does. But I do realize this may be a reality for me at some point.

So, remember. This is your time to heal. I hope this treatment is what you need to get back on track.

Take care,

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment