Saturday, September 4, 2010

Puzzled About Pulmozyme

Hey Colleen ~

Kings Island was so wonderful! We also took a trip to Hilton Head more recently and that provided me with the opportunity to rest and recharge. It was great! This was actually our first time at Kings Island. It's a few hours away. Growing up and to this day we always go to Cedar Point. It's an amusement park nearby with lots of scary rides and things for the kids to do. CF doesn't exist when I'm at amusement parks with the family...that's for sure!

Once again, our paths cross in a similar way. We both just started on Pulmozyme for the first time within the past week. I read that your previous doctor didn't want to introduce you to Pulmozyme until your health started declining. My previous doctor said the same thing! What is that all about? I'm so confused??? As soon as I switched docs a couple weeks ago, Pulmozyme was the first thing I was told to start. It just surprises me to no end when I hear how different each doctor approaches treating this disease. It can make it hard to know which path to follow...

I am also fortunate that my insurance covers the drug. I will only have to pay $15 for a 3 month supply. I was warned before filling the Rx that this drug was expensive and that insurance companies often denied covering it. I feel like I dodged a bullet on that one. The first 30 days was free anyway, so I got my supply a few days ago. I started it a couple nights ago and kinda feel like crap. I feel like I'm getting a cold, but the cold is not coming on full blown. I've got the sore throat, dry cough and my sinuses feel inflamed. Can this be the Pulmozyme or am I just getting a cold? The weather has changed drastically this week, so I'm just not sure whether this is just normal stuff or side effects.

So have you noticed anything different since starting the Pulmozyme?

It was great Skyping with you last week! I, for one, loved comparing our CF bellies! You can't do that with just anyone, you know ;-)

Hugs ~
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment